Frequently Ask Questions
What is the vaccination policy?
- Overnight campers must be up to date on current CDC guidelines in order to stay in the dorms. Current CDC guidelines state children ages 9-12 should be fully vaccinated while children ages 12-18 should be fully vaccinated WITH a booster shot. Non-vaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals may participate in day camps only.
Does Duke Swim Camp have any discounts?
- Sibling Discount: Register more than one child from the same family and receive a $50 discount for the second child and $100 discount for each additional child thereafter.
- Duke Employee Discount: Duke Faculty and Staff registering their child for camp receive $50 off of each child. Contact Riley Boulden at email@example.com for the discount code.
- Military Discount: Military members registering their child for camp receive $50 off of each child. Contact Riley Boulden at firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
Can Teams attend Duke Swim Camp?
Yes, we have a tiered discount policy depending on team attendance. Please contact Riley Boulden ahead of time to discuss team discounts.
- Register 10-19 swimmers from same team at the same time of registration and receive 10% off
- Register 20-29 swimmers from same team at the same time of registration and receive 20% off
- Register 30 or more swimmers from same team at the same time of registration and receive 30% off
What is Duke Swim Camp’s refund policy?
Direct refund requests to Riley Boulden at email@example.com.
- Before May 15, $50 of the total payment is not refundable for any reason.
- After May 15, $150 is not refundable for any reason.
- There will be no refund for a "no show"
- There will be no refund once a session has started, except for medical purposes as determined by the Duke Swim Camp
- Campers who wish to switch from overnight to day camp after their session has started will not receive a refund for the difference in cost.
What forms are required in order for my child to participate in Duke Swim Camp?
- There are two Health Forms that must be submitted in order to participate in camp. We will need both forms by June 1, 2022.
- Forms will be emailed to you
What items should my child bring to camp?
- Swim suit(s),
- tennis shoes,
- weather appropriate clothing,
- desired snacks
- Overnight campers must also bring bed linens (twin bed sheets) or a sleeping bag, and a pillow.
- If the camper requires any specific medications, please bring those, as listed on their health forms.
- We also recommend bringing sunscreen and any other personal items needed for a fun week at camp!
Where and when is check in and check out?
Both check in and check out will be held in the dorms on the dates and times below.
- Check in: Overnight campers check in from 12pm-1:30pm on the first day of camp. Day campers check in at 1pm-1:30pm.
- Check out: 11:30am on the last day of camp.
*Any changes will be made via email to the address provided on the registration form.
How do I get to camp?
- The camp will send directions to the exact check-in location one week prior to check-in
What meals are provided?
- Dinner on Sunday through Breakfast on Thursday are included in the cost of camp. Breakfast is not included in the cost of camp for day campers.
What is a typical day like at camp?
- Click here for a view of a sample itinerary. This will give you a great idea of what the camp will include from pool workouts, drill sessions, meals, camp activities, and info sessions about additional aspects of sport that are very important to our coaching staff’s philosophy. Actual itineraries will be provided by email and at check-in.
Will my camper get the roommate requested for camp?
- If two campers request each other when registering online prior to June 1, 2020 the request will be met. There is no need to submit a roommate request via email if you made the request on the online registration form. We will assign roommates based on the requests, and if no request is made, the camper will be assigned either to a single room or a double room with another camper in their age group.
Is registration limited to a max number of campers?
- Yes, 60 campers per session
Who can attend Duke Swim Camp?
- All swimmers ages 9 & up who can competitively swim all four strokes. There are no time standard requirements.